“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy” Martin Luther King, Jr.
Strength amidst the Struggle
We need our peace-making tools now more than ever. Living amidst social unrest, managing a global pandemic, worrying about our safety and financial security all take a toll independently. Together, they can leave us at our wit’s end. I am concentrating our class themes to help you keep your brain sane, keep your lungs healthy, and to keep your hearts open during this struggle for racial justice. Thank you for showing up for yourself and for your community. May your practice continue to be a solace to you in these uncertain times.
Live-Streaming Yoga Classes
My online classes are available through Lemon From Heaven. You can sign up and pay for these sliding scale classes ($10-$20) through the Lemon from Heaven website or jump to the section below by clicking this button:
|Wednesdays, 9:00-10:15 am||Mindful Yoga Flow|
|Fridays, 9:00-10:15 am||Gentle Yoga|
|Saturdays, 9:30-10:45 am||Mindful Yoga Flow|
The Opener classes have sliding scale pricing.
- The base fee for an hour class is $15/class.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship related to the Coronavirus epidemic, you are welcome to attend for $10.
- If you are faring well and want to fill in gaps for other yogis in our community who are experiencing financial hardship, you can opt to pay $20.
- You’ll find the options for discount $5 or add $5 during the booking process.
Breathe in Calm
In this workshop you will:
- Develop an easeful diaphragmatic breath.Begin a daily pranayama home practice.
- Explore breath techniques to calm the nervous system.
- Examine the anatomy of advanced pranayama techniques.
- Learn yoga postures for effectively opening and strengthening the accessory muscles of breathing to make your breath flow more easily.
- Practice advanced Pranayama Techniques to guide you into deep meditative states of relaxation and focus.
Six Tuesdays: March 2nd – April 6
Sliding Scale: $100-$150
ZOOM link will be sent after you register.
Register: email Domonick
To support the Black Lives Matter efforts, I am offering this workshop at no cost to those in the Black community. Of course, all colors of the rainbow are welcome to join.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
First, I appreciate your patience as I navigate this new medium of teaching. This transition gives us all ample opportunities to use our mindful tools to be more accepting of ourselves as we figure things out. Recognize, it may not go perfectly the first time (as I have already noticed).
Q: When should I should join the Zoom call for a particular class?
A: We will let people in approximately 5 minutes before the class start time. You can join anytime thereafter.
Q: Will I be seen in my house as I am practicing?
A: The video will spotlight the teacher’s practice. You have the option of turning off your video feed, or leaving it on so Domonick can monitor your practice.
Q: Can I ask questions during the practice? Or talk to the the teacher after class?
A: Yes, unmute yourself temporarily so that I can hear your question. I’ll be available before and after class for questions.
Q: What should I do if the audio or video connection is choppy? What should I do if I have technical issues?
A: Click “Stop Video” within the Zoom call and see if that helps. If you believe your connection is strong, try restarting the Zoom app. For other issues, drop a note into the Zoom call chat area and someone will assist you.
Q: What do I do if I get disconnected from the call during the class?
A: Return to the same Zoom call and you’ll be let back in.
Q: What is the best browser to use for virtual classes?
A: Zoom works best from the mobile or desktop apps. If necessary, you should use Chrome for the call.
Q: Will you be teaching any evening classes?
A: If you are interested in a class outside of the 9-5 schedule, please let me know. If I have adequate interest, I will add a class to accommodate those still working 9-5.