“We are hardwired to connect with others, it’s what gives purpose and meaning to our lives, and without it there is suffering.” Brené Brown
Summer Reunion Yoga Retreat!
Our practice is enhanced immeasurably when it takes place in the open air amidst trees and birds and expansive skies. The breeze touching your skin awakens your awareness to your body moving in space, and you feel alive.
This half-day retreat will be held in my back yard in the Oakland Hills and in the Chabot Park just adjacent to our property. We’ll soak in the delight of practicing yoga, pranayama, mindful hiking and compassion meditation …. TOGETHER. The theme of the day is Awakening to Presence to find that place where our souls are most content.
I’m delighted that we’ve reached a point where gathering in a small group is safe, and am so looking forward to seeing you to breathe and move together.
COVID Safety Notes:
– Vaccination Certificates will be verified during registration.
– All practices will be take place outdoors.
– You are welcome to wear a mask if you prefer.
– I will not be cooking a shared meal for this retreat. Please bring a bag lunch.
Sunday July 11th – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Breathe in Calm – Six-Week Series
I continued to be astounded by the power the breath has on our states of mind. Coming out of the COVID pandemic, breathing can not only help you calm your rattled nerves, but also enhance your feeling of well-being as you start to emerge from your shell. Breath is life.
In this workshop you will:
- Develop an easeful diaphragmatic breath.
- Begin a daily pranayama home practice.
- Explore breath techniques to calm the nervous system.
- Examine the anatomy of advanced pranayama techniques.
- Learn yoga postures for effectively opening and strengthening the accessory muscles of breathing to make your breath flow more easily.
- Practice advanced Pranayama Techniques to guide you into deep meditative states of relaxation and focus.
No previous experience needed. If you’re breathing, you’re ready to join.
Six Tuesdays, July 6th – August 10th
Sliding Scale: $120-$175
Live-Streaming Yoga Classes
My online classes are available through Lemon From Heaven. You can sign up and pay for these sliding scale classes ($10-$20) through the Lemon from Heaven website or jump to the section below by clicking this button:
|Wednesdays, 9:00-10:15 am||Mindful Yoga Flow|
|Fridays, 9:00-10:15 am||Gentle Yoga|
|Saturdays, 9:30-10:45 am||Mindful Yoga Flow|
The Opener classes have sliding scale pricing.
- The base fee for an hour class is $15/class.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship related to the Coronavirus epidemic, you are welcome to attend for $10.
- If you are faring well and want to fill in gaps for other yogis in our community who are experiencing financial hardship, you can opt to pay $20.
- You’ll find the options for discount $5 or add $5 during the booking process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
First, I appreciate your patience as I navigate this new medium of teaching. This transition gives us all ample opportunities to use our mindful tools to be more accepting of ourselves as we figure things out. Recognize, it may not go perfectly the first time (as I have already noticed).
Q: When should I should join the Zoom call for a particular class?
A: We will let people in approximately 5 minutes before the class start time. You can join anytime thereafter.
Q: Will I be seen in my house as I am practicing?
A: The video will spotlight the teacher’s practice. You have the option of turning off your video feed, or leaving it on so Domonick can monitor your practice.
Q: Can I ask questions during the practice? Or talk to the the teacher after class?
A: Yes, unmute yourself temporarily so that I can hear your question. I’ll be available before and after class for questions.
Q: What should I do if the audio or video connection is choppy? What should I do if I have technical issues?
A: Click “Stop Video” within the Zoom call and see if that helps. If you believe your connection is strong, try restarting the Zoom app. For other issues, drop a note into the Zoom call chat area and someone will assist you.
Q: What do I do if I get disconnected from the call during the class?
A: Return to the same Zoom call and you’ll be let back in.
Q: What is the best browser to use for virtual classes?
A: Zoom works best from the mobile or desktop apps. If necessary, you should use Chrome for the call.
Q: Will you be teaching any evening classes?
A: If you are interested in a class outside of the 9-5 schedule, please let me know. If I have adequate interest, I will add a class to accommodate those still working 9-5.